Sometimes you want to make your own mosaic style T-shirt quilt. This technique is not for the faint of heart; challenges are many!
On this page, I have jotted down a few notes to help! You’ll need some special supplies.
• Rotary cutter $15-$50.00 at fabric store or craft shop
• Memory cutting mat $31.00 at fabric store 18×24” size
• Designer templates Approximately $90 plus shipping. Check online for these
• Large floor area to lay out pieces
It’s helpful to have an old sheet marked with a grid helping keep your design straight. Or tape a grid on your floor for a guide.
• 3.5 yards Backing fabric of 100% cotton. Pre wash and dry approx. cost: $31.00
• ¾ yard of binding fabric of same or different color of 100% cotton. Prewash and dry apprx cost: $7.00
• Pre-packaged batting of at least 60×80” approximate cost: $15.00
You won’t need any iron-on stabilizer for my style of mosaic T-shirt quilt. You’ll be sewing the t-shirts directly to each other. No stabilizer means you’ll have a soft and cuddly quilt!
• Embroidery thread if you’re going to tie together at 4” intervals
• Sewing machine to sew T-shirts together to create the quilt top
• Long arm machine or long arm machine services through Campus T-shirt Quilt or your local quilt shop. Many quilt shops will not quilt this type of T-shirt quilt. Check with the shop before leaving your valuable T-shirt/memory quilt top.
Need help with long-arm machine services?
Campus T-Shirt Quilt offers long arm machine services for a 52×68” $70.00 add $20 for return shipping and insurance.
This is for quilting only. Binding is an additional cost. You’ll need to ship to my location at Campus T-shirt Quilt, 9777 Lincoln Ave, Clive, IA 50325
Binding services for 52×68” quilt is $45.00